Tuesday, 1 September 2009

A fab Creative Eye for Beauty-Upagupt Mohanty

Dale Carnegie once said,''Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all''.

Since long,I have had the priviledge of travelling around and meeting many people,who touched my life with their genuine good heart,compassion,extraordinary talent.Be it during shootings,debate competitions,National,International Conferences,Poetry and Writer's Meet,Rotary meetings,visiting villages and places to address fans,students,colleges,plantation programs,award functions,events, I'm meeting many talented,gifted amazing souls,who,are touching lives with their path-breaking thoughts and talent.There is a Hero,an Icon within everybody,who with a strong will and determination have overcome undaunting challenges and have emerged Victorious and some may have lost it,but the essence of their soul has touched my life enough to making me want to tell their stories.And I want my friends all over the world to know them and as I applaud their Extraordinariness,as Oscar Wilde,once said,''Ordinary riches can be stolen: real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you''.

It is during adversity when one can really make a big difference. But making a difference is not about being a big hero. It is simply about leaving the bathroom a little cleaner going out, than when you came in.That I had read somewhere.

Stevie Wonder once said,''We all have ability. The difference is how we use it''.

Every great advance in Life has issued from a new audacity of imagination.And Upagupt Mohanty is one such creatively imaginative soul,who has a dream of making Oriyas proud of him.With his amazing imagination and creativity,he has touched lives with his Art,by making people feel special.In ones humdrum existence,one looks for inspiration.Everybody craves to be loved and yearns for a word of encouragement,Upagupt on his own has made many experience encouragement,love and kindness.And he excels in the art of polishing a stone and bringing out its spark,with his amazing talent in editing photos with his fabulous creative eye for beauty.His edited photos of me actually made me look a lot better,adding the zing.

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can."

Men who are resolved to find a way for themselves will always find opportunities enough; and if they do not find them, they will make them.

So,I was kind of happy to recieve some very beautifully edited photos of me as well others,and thereupon,got tremendous good response,so I chose to write a blog on my Upagupt,so asked him few questions,to which his answers are here.:::;

Ques-Upagupt Mohanty,how would you define self in few words?
Ans-I am a combination of man's brain, woman's heart and child's eye. I understand every human emotion to action and try to express it in creative form be it poetical or photographic.

Ques-What would you say you are deeply passionate about?
Ans- There is so much more to beauty...I try to explore creatively on and on through photography. Nothing is more beautiful than what surrounds us be it animate or inanimate. We need an inner eye to feel the hidden story within it.
Ques-What inspires you to go on with your creative pursuit?
Ans-God has been a very powerful inspiration to me. Photographers such as Ansel Adams and Anne Geddes have inspired my photography a lot.

Ques-What do you do in your pastime?
Ans.Being a Mentor...hahahahah[upaguptmohanty.blogspot.com]and being a photography maniac.
Ques-The Most Important day in your life has been....
Ans:Meeting Padmashri Vinod dua[one of the most well known names of the Indian media] shooting me and my wife in 'Zaika India Ka' - NDTV India's new Street Food show for the Zaika of Orissa.

Ques-Your Favourite Quotation right now is?
Ans:A great photograph is a full expression of what one feels about what is being photographed in the deepest sense, and is, a true expression of what one feels about life in its entirety. - Ansel Adams

Ques-Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
Ans:To be a renowned photographer capturing the simplicity, the elegance and the beauty of life around us.


Ques-You say you have a motto in your life that fires your imagination?
Ans:Live and Let live with love and respect. Being a proud son of Orissa.Though I have had no formal training in photography or photoimaging. Though I' do not even own a professional DSLR camera......Still,do not want to give up or retreat single inch but believe in leaving long lasting impressions


Upagupt in his own words is thankful to People appreciating his art around the globe.....

Leslie Tripathy[Indian Celebrity], Savannah Ostler[ American Actor], Setenay Ozbek[Turkish renowned Painter & Novelist], Biliana Bibi[Serbian renowned photographer], Edidina Arantes[ Brazilian costume designer], Natali[ Brazilian Professor], Ana Gilmara[Brazilian ModelMaker]
Compliments received:
Biliana Bibi: You have the EYE FOR BEAUTY, especially you can see the inner beauty of woman, and with that you have it all.You are very good in portraying women.

Savannah Ostler: What Upagupt has done with my pictures is nothing short of amazing! He can turn an ordinary photo into a work of art. And not just any work of art, but an inspirational masterpiece. Well done!
Leslie Tripathy:Your work is amazingly poetic!!!





























































Share|






1 comment:

S B Tamare said...

i have rambled over your intellectual and got genuine one.
hope of haunting very often to restore lots of enthusiasm.thanks.