Sunday, 16 August 2009

Reading A Thousand Splendid Suns


"Behind every trial and sorrow that He makes us shoulder, God has a reason."

I finished reading "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by "Khaled Hosseini",the author of "Kite Runner".A beautiful heart-warming tale of courage,heroism,love,inspiration,hope under tough times and unimaginable grief..I was rooting for the dreams of Mariam and Laila.It was a different world for me.Of course,the dark side of Islam fundamentalism...creeps me out...but the people overall..who have silently suffered deserve happiness..especially the law for women in there was scary during (the Taliban domination),yet there are people like Laila's Babi who empower women by educating them.
"A society has no chance of success if its women are uneducated..."

5 comments:

Irshad said...

nice to read your thought,that is my favorite book

ASHMIT said...

you are developing good taste girl

c'est la vie - bhargav said...

indeed a very good description of a love tale and the real time story of Afghanistan during tyranny stage.

Ghost Rider said...

It was indeed a great book. In fact I liked it much more than Kite Runner. Somehow a lot of people around me think just the opposite. :-)

shital said...

Hi Leslie,
When I am searching i come accross your nice blog. Really it is very informative. Please keep it update.
Wish you a bunch of success in your carrier.


sandeep
http://www.orissaseo.blogspot.com