Thursday, 19 February 2009

The joy of celebrating Valentines Day at Rotary's Asha












''A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots have withered. Carve your name on hearts, not on marble''saidCharles H. Spurgeon

''The best portion of a good man's life - his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love'' said William Wordsworth

As Jan 2009,rang in new tides ringing out old tides into memories,I had a churnin desire to spend valentines day with people/kids who didnot have any idea wat the day signified.Wen Yu are an Educationist/Academician's daughter Yu ought to have values embedded deep within,so along wid my Professor Dr.Papa I went to celebrate one of the most interestin day in a girl's life,Valentine's Day with the orphan kids living in at Asha sponsored by Rotary Club Bhubaneswar.

I never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if we have to leave them alone in order to do it.

The kids were elated to see us,they were so thrilled that they dedicated me a dance number,which had bin picturised on me,aint it lovely.''The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway'' said Henry Boye.A very special day it turned out to be,like my Papa spreads knowledge around being a Teacher to his million students,likewise I had fun teachin the kids the significance of Valentines Day.It was very important for me to make them feel loved and special,all the 18 kids were delighted.My Papa got emotional,and was glad we chose to celebrate V-day with the kids who dont have parents who care for them and few of the kids's parents have abandoned them.
''Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle'' saidPlato

Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, J

Dat very day I had no complaints,pain seemed to be not able to get anywhere near me coz the love of the kids stood around like a king's armour,it was very destressing,enactin a little act thats in our capacity to help those who cant help themselves.Every human being has a power which a few use to their potential,it is the power of Giving,Spreading Love

''Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around'' said Leo Buscaglia

P.S-I have to thank my Papa and Mummy for not abandoning me like the kids's parents have.

10 comments:

Ghost Rider said...

Nice gesture there! Way to go!

clara said...

yu are always up wid new creative ideas to make feel other special.so kind of you

Yor biggest fan said...

you are an angel and you know dat.

Mari said...

"My hand is but an extension of my heart. If it is idle then my heart is idle. If it does good then my heart has shown it how. If it forgets to be kind then I have allowed my brain to be the only guidance in my life. Without the heart brain is just matter filled with wandering thoughts telling my hand what to do."

Many times during the day I have caught myself looking at my hand and saying "So, have you spoken to heart today?" A reminder. Then when I am home hand picks up the pen, lays out the paper and waits for heart to speak.

It is good you listen often. God isn't always in sermons or books.
Have a wonderful day!!

Anoop H said...

Touching! Good work !

Duran said...

This girl will be famous. There won't be a child in our world who doesn't know her name.

Prabin said...

Orissa Film Industry has never seen such a multi-talented person. One who not only acts but has the passion for philanthropy (not as a show off), art, culture, writings, etc, etc.... I have never imagined the Oriya Film industry will have someone like her, coming from a place outside India, how she relates to the people is amazing. Kudos to you dear Leslie for having that charm, grace, simplicity, and the guts to face the ugliness of Cine-Industry. Hats off to you dear :)
GOD BLESS YOU.....

Anonymous said...

lesllie has emotional and intellectual capacities, which are superior to the average man and our indian actors

Anonymous said...

Another publicity stunt

The abstract scientist said...

wonderful.